Legacy Healing Center Blog
Learn about recovery and don’t let alcohol abuse disorder ruin your life.
If you are struggling with an alcohol abuse problem, you can get comprehensive help at Legacy Healing Center in Delray Beach, Florida. We can help you turn your life around by transitioning you from addiction to sobriety, and also teach you how to remain sober.
At Legacy Healing Center, we provide individualized treatment programs specifically designed to address your needs and challenges. Our professional staff of clinicians and therapists are educated and experienced in treating alcohol abuse disorder and will support and guide you through the process so that you successfully achieve your recovery goals.
If you live in South Florida and are looking for an evidence-based treatment program for alcohol use disorder, consider Legacy Healing Center as your lifeline back to wellness. Our facility provides a safe haven where you can focus on your recovery without getting distracted by outside intrusions.
Alcohol Recovery Program
Once an individual is willing to make the commitment to get help, his recovery process can begin. Each person is physically and psychologically examined and assessed, and a treatment program is designed based on those results and other factors, such as:
- Multiple relapses
- Co-occurring mental disorders such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, depression, ADHD, etc.
- Self-mediating for pain or other problems
- Personal history of trauma, neglect, abuse, etc.
Once a treatment program is created, the first phase of treatment that the individual might receive is the medically supervised detox process. The individual is placed under the supervision of the medical team and is slowly weaned off of alcohol.
An alcoholic should never try to stop using alcohol on his own because life-threatening withdrawal symptoms can occur that he is not prepared to address. With around the clock monitoring, our medical team will address any withdrawal symptoms that the individual experiences, and will keep him as comfortable as possible.
Once the individual emerges successfully from the detox process, he will begin a series of treatment programs that will educate and equip him to live a sober lifestyle. Some of the treatments that he may receive include:
- Individual and group therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- 12-Step program
- Marital and family counseling
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Relapse prevention
- Aftercare programs
Individuals who exhibit two or more of these alcohol use disorder signs should begin recovery treatment:
- Spends a lot of time drinking and recovering from drinking
- Drinks more, or longer, than intended
- Craves alcohol
- Drinking alcohol interferes with commitments and responsibilities to family, work, school, etc.
- Is unable to decrease or stop drinking
- Gives up hobbies and interests to drink instead
- Isolates oneself from family and friends to drink
- Exhibits risky, or violent, behavior while under the influence of alcohol
- Unable to hold a job because of drinking
- Spends all their money on alcohol
- Continues to drink even though it is negatively affecting their health and life
- Experiences blackouts
- Has unsafe sex while under the influence of alcohol
- Has to drink more alcohol to get the same effect as before
- Experiences withdrawal symptoms when not drinking alcohol
Behavioral therapy will help the individual identify triggers or cues that provoke him to drink. The individual is also taught techniques that will help him avert being controlled by those urges so that he can maintain sobriety. Other important factors to recovery include building a strong support system and creating realistic goals.
Our alcohol treatment program is a proven method that is effective in recovering from alcohol abuse. Individuals can opt for an inpatient or outpatient status and begin their journey back to living a sober, productive life. If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol abuse, reach out to Legacy Healing Center at 888-534-2295 and learn how rehab can change your life. Also, stay up to date with us on social media and leave us a review on Google!