Legacy Healing Center Blog
Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Alcohol addiction is defined by the inability to stop drinking alcohol even when you want to, due to cravings and withdrawal symptoms, along with psychological urges to obtain and consume more, even when you know it is detrimental to your health, relationships, work, and finances. Treating addiction takes more than just walking away from the bottle. Alcohol is a socially accepted substance available to buy on every street corner in Miami and places like grocery stores and friends’ homes. Managing these triggers is incredibly difficult, which can cause relapse if you do not enter into an alcohol rehab center in Miami to address the underlying causes of your addiction. When you’re in an alcohol rehab center in Miami, you will address co-occurring mental health conditions and unhelpful thinking and behaviors and learn new coping skills that will help you avoid relapsing once you have quit drinking.
Alcohol Detox Miami
The first step in alcohol rehab treatment is a detox program. Detoxing from alcohol will stop and sometimes reverse the ill effects alcohol is taking on your liver and other organs, allowing your body to remove toxins, and allowing your mind to clear so you can focus on the road ahead.
Quitting alcohol “cold turkey” at home is not recommended, as the changes alcohol makes to the brain can cause you to have severe withdrawal symptoms that can escalate quickly to dangerous levels. Entering an alcohol rehab center in Miami does not feel intimidating or scary. A medically assisted detox program to help you through the painful, uncomfortable, and dangerous effects stopping drinking can have on the body.
Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient treatment for alcohol addiction is the best way to remove yourself entirely from your triggers, placing yourself into a sober and supportive community, with 24-hour care by a medical professional to ensure you remain safe. You will stay in inpatient detox until your withdrawal symptoms subside, at which time we will transition you into a rehab program that will best suit your needs as you regain your health, confidence, and well-being.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
The best alcohol rehab treatment center in Miami is Legacy Healing Center. We have varying levels of patient care after detox that all include individual, family, and group therapy, including:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): six days, with 25 hours of clinical treatment per week in a day/night program, along with residential housing, 12-step meetings, and relationship-building programs.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: a minimum of nine hours per week of clinical treatment, with group and individual therapy, 12-step meetings, social activities, and relationship-building sessions, all provided in a flexible schedule so you can return to work or attend to other essential responsibilities like family care.
- Outpatient Program: for patients who can complete their IOP, we encourage outpatient treatment for one hour per week of therapy, along with 12-step meetings and other connections to our sober community
- Family Program: help for families of the addicted person, including education and training on addiction and treatments, as well as therapy with and without the addict to allow healing and growth to occur.
Medications Used to Treat Alcohol Addiction
Although each person’s treatment is customized to their unique needs, some of the common medications provided to aid in detox and recovery include:
- Naltrexone: reduces alcohol cravings and the pleasurable effects it has on the body
- Vivitrol: an extended-release version of Naltrexone
- Disulfiram: causes adverse effects to the body when you drink alcohol
- Acamprosate: reduces alcohol cravings and withdrawal symptoms during detox
Alcohol Rehab and Detox at Legacy Healing Center
At Legacy Healing’s alcohol rehab center in Miami, we offer a medically assisted detox that, along with medications to ease symptoms, we integrate services into our treatment programs like:
- Medical treatment
- Transition assistance
- Career services
- Nutrition and fitness counseling
- Fun sober outings
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Transportation, if needed
- Creative arts
You will gain the coping skills you need to maintain long-term sobriety as you re-enter society through counseling and therapy. Contact Legacy Healing Center at 888.534.2295 today to learn more about alcohol addiction treatments at our alcohol rehab center near Miami.