Legacy Healing Center Blog
Questions to ask yourself when choosing a residential addiction treatment program.
So many individuals in the United States struggle with drug and alcohol addictions and unfortunately, not all of them receive the help they need. Whether or not you or your loved one decides to enter rehab is an important decision to make and can ultimately change lives. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to getting better and then making the courageous decision to enter a residential treatment facility is yet another courageous step to getting healthy. It’s important to reassure individuals who are debating making this decision that it is not something that they need to undertake alone and that friends and family members can be there to support them along their journey.
In order to find the best residential treatment facility for you and your needs it’s important that you are asking the right questions. Individuals who are considering attending a residential treatment facility such as Legacy Healing Center will benefit from asking themselves questions about the treatment they are seeking.
Here are a list of questions that one may ask themselves when they are trying to find the best treatment center for their needs:
- What are my needs in regard to treatment?
- Do I want to stay near my home, or do I prefer to travel away?
- What is the track record of the treatment facility, how long has it been open?
- Will I require medical detox?
- Does the treatment center have 24/7 care and monitoring – Do I need that?
- Will my family be able to visit my on the campus?
- Do I want to be in a treatment center that offers nutritional and fitness programs?
- Does the facility that I choose accept insurance, or have payment plans?
- If I have any other underlying disorders, are they also able to be treated at the facility?
- Do I want to find a residential treatment facility that offers programs that will be able to assist me after I leave?
Allowing yourself to answer these questions truthfully can help guide you to certain facilities that may interest you because of their offerings. Ultimately this list of questions is to help make the decision process less stressful for the individual. It’s also important to point out that oftentimes traveling to a residential treatment facility can offer certain benefits, such as being in a warmer area or offering a distraction-free environment.
Why Choose Legacy?
Legacy Healing Center is a residential treatment center located in sunny, tropical south Florida and is a premier behavioral health provider that specializes in the comprehensive treatment of addiction. Legacy understands individuals needs through their client-centered approach that is designed to not only build hope but create a stable support network for their patients and guide them to achieving long-term health and healing.
Legacy Healing Center’s mission is to lay the foundation for anyone who enters their community. At Legacy, each client will learn to recover, address underlying issues and get on track to achieve a life better than they had ever dreamed possible. Legacy is able to reach a wide range of individuals because of the customized treatment programs that can meet unique individual’s needs.
Call Legacy today for a free, confidential phone call to find out how they can help you, or a loved one!