Legacy Healing Center Blog
Why Do So Many People Travel to Florida for Behavioral Health Care?
Choosing to enter addiction treatment is a highly personal decision, but where you decide to go for behavioral health care can mean the difference between success and relapse. Instead of staying where you are for treatment, you might want to consider traveling, and the state of Florida is a wonderful destination in which to begin your recovery journey.
While it’s possible to go through addiction treatment in your own community, there are many reasons why that may not be a great idea. When you remain where you are, you’ll be surrounded by all your old triggers, from the bars where you used to drink with your friends to the local dealers’ houses. The mere presence of these triggers can be debilitating, kind of like entering treatment with one hand tied behind your back.
Something as simple as a change of scenery can be a game-changer when it comes to recovery success, especially when that scenery is as beautiful as a Florida sunrise.
Many aspects make the state of Florida the perfect place for a successful addiction treatment journey. Here are some of the features that make Florida the place to be for those suffering from substance use disorder and struggling to break the cycle of addiction.
- The warm weather can be healing to your ravaged body – Drug addiction takes a significant toll on the body, creating physical dependencies that can be difficult to break. The warmth and sunshine of Florida make it the perfect healing place, so your body, and your mind, can feel better fast.
- The great weather encourages outdoor exercise – Staying fit during treatment for addiction is so important, but it can be hard to take a walk when the weather outside is freezing. In the state of Florida, you will not have that excuse; the weather is almost always warm, so you can take a walk, go for a run, or exercise in the great outdoors any time you like.
- There are plenty of distractions – There’s a reason so many tourists flock to Florida every year since there are plenty of great things to see and do in the Sunshine State. From world-class theme parks to stunning beaches to amazing natural parks to fantastic museums, the state of Florida has it all. If you are looking for sober living activities to enjoy during addiction treatment, you will find them in abundance during your stay in Florida.
- You will be surrounded by warm and welcoming people – The people of Florida are as warm and welcoming as the weather, and you will meet them all when you travel south for your rehab journey. The support of caring professionals is an essential element of rehab success, and you will find that support in abundance at our modern Florida rehab facility.
- Travel is good for the soul – The simple act of traveling can positively impact your substance use disorder, forcing you to leave behind the people, places, and things you know to embark on a brand new journey. Travel is good for the soul, and it can be soothing for your emotions as well.
Whether you have been struggling with substance abuse for many years or just a short time, the decision to enter rehab or detox takes courage, perseverance, and no small amount of self-reflection. Admitting that you need help with your drug addiction, even to yourself, is a brave thing to do, and we commend you on making it this far.
Click here to speak with a treatment specialist today or call us anytime 24/7 at (888) 534-2295
Behavioral Healthcare at Legacy Healing Center
At Legacy Healing in South Florida, we specialize in changing how patients think and behave regarding their drug or alcohol abuse. We provide numerous therapy programs that target individual behavioral patterns and teach our clients scientifically-proven solutions to overcoming addiction. Our various types of behavioral healthcare programs include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Motivation Enhancement Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Family systems
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Process Therapy
- Holistic Therapy
If you are serious about seeking help, we encourage you to pick up the phone. In Florida, support with your substance use disorder is always just a phone call away, so why not begin the journey from addiction to a lifetime of recovery with that simple step by calling Legacy Healing at 888-534-2295.